What are the Eye exercises that I should do every day?
Hello, I am an 18 years old male. My 12 years old brother has myopia. I am scared that in the future I will also have myopia. Can anyone suggest some eye exercises that I should do every day to remain healthy? Thank you.
@pit Hello, Here’s how to exercise your eyes, to ease the symptoms of eye strain:
- Focus workout 1. In a seated position, hold one finger a few centimeters from your eyes and focus on it. Gradually move your finger further away, while continuing to focus. After a quick break, look back at your finger and keep it focused as you move it back towards your eyes.
- Focus workout 2. This is a similar exercise, but with a wider range. It involves switching your focus between an object around 20cm away, and one around 5-10m away. For best results, repeat 5 times in one sitting.
- Figure-of-eight exercise. Sit looking at the floor. With your eyes focused at a point around 5 meters from your seat, trace a figure-of-eight pattern. After 30 seconds, reverse the direction of your figure of eight.
There are many things you can do in addition to eye exercise to keep your eyes healthy.
- Wear sunglasses. Protect your eyes from damaging UV rays with polarized sunglasses that block out both UVA and UVB light.
- Eat healthy. A diet full of healthy fats and antioxidants may help keep eyes healthy. And, yes, eat those carrots! They are a great source of vitamin A, which is an important nutrient for eye health. Thank You