Can anyone suggest some effective home remedies and herbal remedies get rid of period pain?
Hello, I am a 19 years old female. I got my first period when I was 14 years old. I never experienced menstrual pain in my initial years but for the past year, I have been dealing with chronic pain. I don’t want to take painkillers. Can anyone suggest some effective home remedies and herbal remedies get rid of period pain?
@amanda Hello, During your period, the muscles of your womb contract and relax to help shed the built-up lining. Sometimes you’ll experience cramps, which means your muscles are at work. For mild to temporary cramps, some home remedies can help provide relief. Here are some such effective home remedies that can relieve the menstrual cramps
- Applying heat- to your abdomen and lower back may relieve pain. If you don’t have a hot-water bottle or heating pad, take a warm bath or use a hot towel.
- Massage with herbal oils like lavender, peppermint, or rose
- Avoid food that causes bloating.
- Adding herbs like fennel, ginger, chamomile tea, and cinnamon to your diet.
- Exercise- it is effective at reducing menstrual pain to the extent it may also eliminate or reduce the need for pain-relief medication.
You should contact your doctor if you have severe pain and very heavy bleeding. For severe cases, the best way to get treatment is for a doctor to diagnose the cause of your menstrual pain.