How can I get rid of a pimple on the rim of my eye?
Hello, I am a 14 years old male. I have a pimple on the rim of my eye. It is red and looks like a bump. I have this from the last nothing. Can anyone tell me How can I get rid of a pimple on the rim of my eye?
@ros Hello it is a stye. A stye is an inflamed oil gland on the edge of your eyelid, where the eyelash meets the lid. It appears as a red, swollen bump that looks like a pimple. It is often tender to the touch. A stye is caused by a blockage of one of the oil glands in the eyelids. This allows bacteria to grow inside the blocked gland. Styes are a lot like common acne pimples that occur elsewhere on the skin. You may have more than one stye at the same time.
To treat eyelid bumps at home:
- Apply a warm, wet cloth to the area for 10 minutes. Do this 4 times a day.
- Do NOT attempt to squeeze a stye or any other type of eyelid bump. Let it drain on its own.
- Do NOT use contact lenses or wear eye makeup until the area has healed.
To treat the stye doctor will prescribe you antibiotics.
Styes often get better on their own. However, they may return. Seek medical help if you have
- You have problems with your vision.
- The eyelid bump worsens or does not improve within a week or two of self-care.
- The eyelid bump or bumps become very large or painful.
- Another stye comes back soon after successful treatment of a stye.
- Your eyelid bump bleeds.