How to keep ourselves safe and healthy during cold waves?
Hello, How to keep ourselves safe and healthy during cold waves? There must be certain things we can do to counter the cold and keep ourselves immune. Such cold weather conditions bring not just chill, but can also impact our health in multiple ways. We need to be careful of, not just during the cold wave, but throughout the harsh winters. Please leave your comments.
@akhil There are things you can do counter them and keep yourself immune:
• Moisturise your skin regularly with oil/cream.
• Eat vitamin-C rich fruits and vegetables and drink sufficient fluids preferably warm fluids to maintain adequate immunity.
• Keep dry, if wet, change clothes immediately to prevent loss of body heat. Wear insulated/waterproof shoes.
• Warm the affected area of the body slowly with lukewarm water; do not rub the skin vigorously.
• If the affected skin area turns black, immediately consult a doctor.
• Maintain ventilation while using heaters to avoid inhaling toxic fumes.
• Take safety measures while using electrical and gas heating devices.
• For those with respiratory issues, avoid going out until unless there is an emergency, and cover the face when you do.