How breast cancer is diagnosed? What are the common causes?
Hello, my friend who is 33 years old has been diagnosed with breast cancer. How it is diagnosed? Can anyone tell me what are the common causes of breast cancer? She never smoked and used to drink alcohol on occasions.
@joyce Hello, there are a few symptoms through:-
-A breast lump or thickening that feels different from the surrounding tissue
- Change in the size, shape, or appearance of a breast
- Changes to the skin over the breast, such as dimpling
- Redness or pitting of the skin over your breast, like the skin of an orange
- Peeling, scaling, crusting, or flaking of the pigmented area of skin surrounding the nipple (areola) or breast skin.
It is diagnosed by performing the following tests:-
- Breast exam- Where the doctor examines both of your breasts and lymph nodes in your armpit, feeling for any lumps or other abnormalities.
- Mammogram- A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are commonly used to screen for breast cancer. If an abnormality is detected on a screening -mammogram, your doctor may recommend a diagnostic mammogram to further evaluate that abnormality.
- Breast ultrasound- Ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images of structures deep within the body. Ultrasound may be used to determine whether a new breast lump is a solid mass or a fluid-filled cyst.
A woman's age, genetic factors, family history, personal health history, and diet all contribute to breast cancer risk.
If you notice a slight change or feel any lump then consult a doctor.