How to manage hypothermia?
Hello, I am suffering from hypothermia. What should I do? I experience dizziness and slowed breathing. I also feel shivering. Do I need to consult with doctor? Please leave your comments.
@prachi Hypothermia is significant and potentially dangerous drop in body temperature. The most common reason is prolonged exposure to cold. There are three stages of hypothermia. In the first stage there is reduced circulation and shivering , in the second stage there is slow and weak pulse, irritability and dizziness and slowed breathing, in third stage there is slow or absent respiration and pulse. In the management, seek emergency medical care
- Gently move the person out of the cold.
- Gently remove wet clothing.
- If further warming is needed, do so gradually.
- Offer the person warm, sweet, nonalcoholic drinks.
- Begin CPR if the person shows no signs of life, such as breathing, coughing or movement.