What should I eat when I am suffering from gastroenteritis?
Hello, I am diagnosed with gastroenteritis (stomach flu). A few days back I had diarrhea and was feeling nauseated after a few tests I came to know that I had gastroenteritis. Doctors asked me to eat healthily. I am not sure what should I eat and what should I avoid. Please let me know in the comments. Thank You!
Hey!@elvi the stomach flu is known as viral gastroenteritis, a highly contagious infection that affects your stomach and intestines. Here are some of the foods that you can eat-
- You consume liquids like water, coconut water, and juices like apples, and cranberry. Liquids are easily digested and help replenish fluids lost due to diarrhea and vomiting.
- Electrolyte beverages provide fluids and replenish important minerals lost during the stomach flu.
- You can try peppermint tea
- You can consume ginger
- Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast are safe foods to try while sick with the stomach flu.
- You can even eat fruits like watermelon and strawberries. Eating fruit can help replenish fluids when you have stomach flu.