How to improve body posture?
Hello, I am 20 years old, female. I am suffering from back pain, and neck pain since last year. I took MRI twice, results were normal, but my pain is constant. When I conveyed this to my doctor he said I have muscle spasm which is caused by bad body posture, overexertion, or lack of magnesium and potassium. I usually get back and neck pain after long hours of sitting and in the morning. Back and neck pain after long hours of sitting is due to my bad body posture, what can I do to improve it? Please suggest ways to improve body posture.
@danaa Hello, yes bad posture while sitting or standing can cause overexertion which leads to back and neck pain. Here are a few things that will help you in maintaining good posture-
- Exercise- Any kind of exercise yoga, stretching, or cardio can help you in maintaining your body posture.
- Be mindful of your posture and correct any time you slouch. Be mindful while walking, sitting.
- Maintain your health- Being overweight can weaken your abdominal muscles, cause problems for your pelvis and spine, and contribute to low back pain.
- Here are a few stretches that will be helpful The child’s pose, cat-cow pose, and chest opener.
- If your pain increases or you don’t get relief after trying these remedies then please take medical help. Thank You.