Prevention of Botulism.
Hello, Botulism is a serious condition that is caused by toxins that affect the nerves. A person with botulism experiences weakness of the muscles that control the eyes, face, mouth throat, and also difficulty in breathing. This condition if not treated then it can also cause full paralysis of some muscles, including those used in breathing and those in the arms, legs, and trunk. What should be done to prevent it? Please suggest what one should do to prevent it?
@umika Hello, The toxins which affect the muscles are made up of Clostridium botulinum, Clostridium butyricum, and Clostridium baratii bacteria. The bacteria that make botulinum toxin are found naturally in many places. There are three types of botulism Foodborne botulism, Infant botulism, and Wound botulism. The following measure need to take to prevent it-
- You should refrigerate food for 2 hours after cooking.
- Avoid food containers that appear damaged or bulging.
- Do not give honey to babies under 1 year old
- Clean wounds contaminated by dirt and soil thoroughly.
- Seek medical treatment for a wound. Thank You.