What should I do if my mom has osteoarthritis?
Hello, I am 22 years old female. My mom is suffering from osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis it is also known as the wear and tear type of arthritis. With OA, the cartilage within a joint begins to break down and the underlying bone begins to change. These changes usually develop slowly and get worse over time. Due to arthritis, she has been experiencing pain, stiffness, and swelling. Please let me know what should I do to better her condition?
@manfred Hello, osteoarthritis is common in females. Here are a few of the tips that you can suggest to her to better her condition-
- Ask her to stay active- Exercise boosts your energy. It can also strengthen your muscles and bones, and help keep your joints flexible. It will protect your muscles and supports your joints.
- Give her a balanced diet- Give her foods that are rich in vitamin C, omega 3, whole grains, low-fat dairy, fish, lean meats, and fruits and vegetables.
- Ask her to take 8 hours of sleep
- You can use cold and hot water pack
- Give her emotional support whenever needed.