Ate fish bone during dinner.
Hello, I am 14 years old male. I swallowed a fishbone during dinner. It hurts a little and I still feel it in the back of my throat. Will it come out on its own or should I go to the doctor? I didn't tell my parents, I was scared. Please help. Please suggest what should I do?
@arees Hello, You should go to your doctor or the local emergency room immediately because there is a real risk of tissue injury, perforation, or infection. If you swallowed a sharp object (fishbone, pin, toothpick, needle, etc.) or feel symptoms such as the sensation of a foreign object, pain, difficulty swallowing, or difficulty breathing, a medical evaluation is required. If the doctor can visualize the object in the back of your throat, then he can remove it manually. Otherwise, an endoscopic evaluation is required to remove the foreign object. Thanks!