I have very bad depression and ptsd,what do I do to get through this very difficult time
Hey guys I have very bad depression and PTSD IDK how do I cope with it and how do I work through my PTSD I miss my mom she passed away in October of 2020 from stage 4 cancer
jahnavikodalis last edited by
@subha I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. It must be very difficult for you. Do you have anyone to talk to about how you were feeling? Family? Friends? Counselor?
Some things I found to be very helpful .........
- I would definitely suggest speaking with a counselor or therapist who is there to listen and help you manage the PTSD
- Another things that I felt helpful and would most likely help you is that I stayed as busy as I could.
- Get outdoors as much as you can especially in the beautiful weather! Join a local walking group, enjoy the peace of nature.
- Spend Time with positive upbeat people.
- Eat A healthy diet. Alcohol tends to make matters worse.
- Practice relaxation techniques or meditations to relax. You can find so many on YouTube!
These are just some examples of what you can do to start to feel a little better. Take one day at a time.