Treatment for bacterial vaginosis
Hello, Bacterial vaginosis tends to affect women of childbearing age. In some cases, there are no symptoms. In other cases, there may be abnormal vaginal discharge, itching, or odor. I think I suffer from this please suggest to me the Treatment for bacterial vaginosis. thank!
@richu Bacterial vaginosis is treated with antibiotics. An antibiotic cream or gel to use in the vagina may be given instead of antibiotic tablets by mouth.
While you're there, make sure you tell the doctor or nurse if you:
think you might be pregnant
These may affect the type of treatment you're given.
The causes of bacterial vaginosis are not fully understood, so it may not be possible to completely prevent it. However, you may be able to lower your risk of developing it.
- Shouldn't use scented soaps and perfumed bubble bath
- Shouldn't use vaginal deodorant
- Shouldn't douche (washing or cleaning out your vagina)
- Shouldn't put antiseptic liquids in the bath
- Shouldn't strong detergent
- Should avoid triggers that you've identified yourself. Thanks