What helps osteoarthritis in elderly?
My mom is suffering from osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis it is also known as the wear and tear type of arthritis. With OA, the cartilage within a joint begins to break down and the underlying bone begins to change. These changes usually develop slowly and get worse over time. Due to arthritis, she has been experiencing pain, stiffness, and swelling. Please let me know what should I do to better her condition?
@vein Hello, osteoarthritis is common in females. The following things might help.
Tips for Managing Arthritis in Older Adults
- Listen and be Empathetic.
- Keep a Journal of Symptoms.
- Communicate with Healthcare Providers.
- Encourage Movement and Regular Exercise.
- Assist with Medication and Treatment Management.
- Assist with a Nutritious Diet.
- Encourage Weight Loss if Needed.
- Hire Professional Help
- Give her emotional support whenever needed.